Our Protocols and Procedures
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures implemented based Alberta health services guidelines as well as college and association of massage therapy of Alberta guidelines
- Frequent disinfection of high touch surfaces
- Health Canada approved hand sanitizer and soap available
- Screening questionnaire for anyone entering the clinic as well as mandatory temperature check
- Face masks to be worn by all staff at all times and in all areas of workplace
- Face masks required to be worn for all patients
- Treatment rooms left vacant prior to rigorous cleaning and disinfection
Treatment Procedure Changes
- We ask patients not bring companion to treatment unless absolutely necessary
- We ask patients to wait in their car until 5-10 minutes prior to appointment time
- All visitors to Active Healing are required to use hand sanitizer prior to entering the clinic
- COVID-19 screening questionnaire and temperature check for anyone entering the clinic
- Revised patient consent form to be filled out by the patient during each appointment
- Patients will then be brought straight into the treatment room to minimize time spent in waiting area
Cleaning and Disinfecting Procedure
- Keep room vacant for 15-30 minutes after the patient has left the room
- Put on gloves and mask prior to entering the treatment room
- Remove head rest covering and sheets to clean and sanitize
- Take disinfectant wipes and disinfect: Door handles, Light switches, and Work bench area
- Take disinfectant wipes and disinfect: Operator chair and handle, Patient arm rest, Patient head rest, and Pillow covering
- Use disinfecting spray on carpeted area directly below patient’s head rest and patient chairs
Updated COVID-19 Waiver
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions with the intake of each client. Please answer these questions truthfully so we may continue to do our best to stop the spread.
- I understand the above symptoms and affirm that I, as well as all members of my household, do not currently have nor have experienced COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days
- I affirm that I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- I affirm that, to my knowledge, I have not been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- I affirm that if I travelled outside of Canada in the last month, I isolated in my home for 14 days upon my return
- I understand that Classic Acupuncture Inc. and my health practitioner (identified above) cannot be held liable should I experience exposure to the virus or any other contagion as a result of my providing misinformation on this form
- I understand that, because acupuncture treatment as well as massage therapy involve maintaining prolonged and close physical contact, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, despite the implementation of the COVID-19 prevention protocols and policies
- I allow the disclosure of my contact information in the event that a patient who has visited the clinic in the last 14 days is now testing (or has tested) positive for COVID-19.
Waiver forms are required for each treatment regardless of the date of last treatment at the clinic.
Please feel free to click HERE to download to print or fill out the waiver form and email us back. You can also fill it out at our clinic.